01 June 2011

A Cornered Soul


I wonder what inspired
homeless man on the corner
What he wanted to be

I'm sure as a kid
his dreams
could span centuries

Firefighter, Pilot or Police Officer,

We all got a story...wonder how his book would read

Bet he didn't envision
talkin' to himself on a corner,
Low in defeat
struggling to keep cold from his hands and feet

Maybe I should rob,
fuck it
I ain't got shit to eat

Then I notice him lookn' at me

At this moment struggling to stand on own two feet 

We alike
just in different boats,
rockin' different currents
and strokes


So I sent a prayer up for him
God got a plan for everybody
where hope is lost 
especially

I hope you make it back on your feet
in the arms of love ones and retreat

And never again will circumstance
diffuse your fire
allowing confusion and defeat 
to transpire

My hope to him whose soul is cornered.

1 comment:

  1. That was dead on. We all struggle at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete